Marmalade bottom...



Marmalade bottom Cairn, 

Think I'm becoming obsessed with cairns! 
The building of them,the 'zen' behind them and how they seem to be a part of cultures all around the world and 
not just for northern folk in walking boots trekking over the hills!





I've been collecting images of Cairns on Pinterest,
and I seem to be seeing cairns every where!


My cairns at the moment are still very much inspired by the kids treasures that they have found and collected on our travels. 

I've certainly got a lot to build with, 
a pile of them outside the front door where buckets and pockets 
have been emptied before coming in the house. 

On Sonny's last 'boys' weekend camp with Chris he brought back a sheep's skull!... which definitely stays outside the front door!
Sonny was very proud of his find and it may just become a cairn bottom!


Lily found this bottom of an old crockery pot washed up at the side of a river in the The Lake District. 

Lovely Jenny at WYPW told me it was the bottom of an old Dundee Marmalade Pot and that she had one at home, so after a little search I found one on Ebay...


hence the name Marmalade bottom!

Skyla and Sonny have just brought some pebbles back from Scarborough and Lil says if she remembers she's going to bring me one back from Malawi! lots more cairn prints to come I think!!

I've listed my prints now here and here.
happy treasure hunting....





Comments

  1. clever you Lisa I love this so much its very harmonious the colours are spot on and the balancingness of the stones...I got a pile of stones and bits and pieces from the girls today who'd been on the beach with Christian, whilst I was selling some work at a market! I thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts